- 10 lb prime rib of beef, rolled and tied
- 5 cloves garlic, slivered
- 6 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cut garlic cloves into slivers and insert into the roast. Combine the dijon mustard, thyme and pepper and spread mixture over the roast. Insert the rotisserie spit through the centre of the roast and fasten with forks. Check to ensure that it is balanced.
- Remove the cooking grids and set the rotisserie rod in the slots of the barbecue casting. Let the heaviest side of the meat rotate to the bottom. Adjust the balancer to the top of the the rod, opposite the heaviest side of the meat. Tighten the rod handle.
- Place the roast over a drip pan filled with liquid: we recommend red wine and water.
- Roast at MEDIUM for 3 1/2 hours until the temperature reached 140°F, using the meat thermometer.
- Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
Rotisserie Prime Rib of Beef
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER GRILLS ACCESSORIES.