Western Red cedar planks are the most common used form of grilling plank and if used carefully in a slow cooking method will impart a wonderful delicate and deep smokey flavour to the salmon.
- These western Red cedar planks are the most common used form of grilling plank and if used carefully in a slow cooking method will impart a wonderful delicate and deep smokey flavour to the salmon.
- Soak the board in water for 20 - 45 minutes.
- Note: You can add any flavour you wish to the plank by using different liquids, e.g. Ginger Ale, Beer, Sea salt, lemon juice, etc. Different liquids will produce different outcomes.
- After removing the plank from the liquid, pat dry, and coat with olive oil on both sides of the plank. Note: you can use fused oil if desired to add alternate flavours.
- Brush your salmon fillets with olive oil (regular or fused) and add your preferred seasoning.
- Place the salmon fillets on the smooth side of the plank.
- Preheat the grill at a MEDIUM - LOW setting, place the plank on the grill with salmon, and shut the lid. Leave for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Note: When using a whole Salmon, the cooking time will increase to approximately 45 - 50 minutes.
- Check salmon for an opaque colour and flakey to the touch of a fork. Check on the thickest part of the fillet for doneness. Once done serve over your favourite mix of field greens and squeeze the juice of a lemon, a lime or orange over the fillet and enjoy!!
- Special Notes: Keep a water spray bottle nearby to extinguish any flaming on the plank. When removing and discarding the plank, immerse the plank in water again for safety and insurance that the plank is still not burning!!!
Cedar Plank Salmon
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER GRILLS ACCESSORIES.