Grill time: 3 to 5 minutes. direct med/high heat (450° to 550°F)
- In the bowl of a food processor, finely chop the pear, scallions, and garlic. Add the remaining marinade ingredients. Process until well combined.
- Put the ribs in a large re-sealable bag/bowl and pour in the marinade. Mix well to coat the ribs evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours. Preferably overnight.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. One at time, lift the ribs and let the liquid and solid bits fall back into the bag/bowl. Discard the marinade. Grill the ribs over direct high heat, with the lid down, until they are nicely charred on both sides and cooked to a medium or medium-rare doneness, 3 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from the grill and sprinkle with the sesame seeds (optional).
- Serve with steamed rice and grilled vegetables or as appetizers for the BIG GAME!!
Serves: 4 to 6