- Cajun Steak Fettuccine
Try this delicious, easy to prepare meal that is sure to please the entire family.
- 2 lb of Certified Angus Beef boneless sirloin or top blade steaks
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed fennel seed
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Preheat the barbecue on HIGH, and brush grids with oil to prevent sticking.
- Combine fennel seed, oregano, paprika, black pepper, salt and red pepper in a small dish to create a herb rub. Rub lightly over surface of both sides of steak.
- Place the steak on hot grids and reduce heat to MEDIUM. Grill approximately 5 minutes per side for medium. Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- Cut across grain into thin slices. Meanwhile, prepare fettuccine by cooking in large pot of boiling water for approximately 9 minutes, until desired doneness.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add garlic and red onion and cook 3 - 5 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add drained pasta and Parmesan cheese and toss. Top with strips and serve.