- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium size bowl, beat together sugar and butter, add the egg and beat until light. Then add vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder, and gradually add flour mixture to the egg mixture, alternately with milk. Turn this thick, light batter out onto baking sheet and form into a round shape.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until the colour of rice krispies.
- Meanwhile slice the strawberries and sprinkle them with the Grand Marnier and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Toss lightly.
- Just before serving, combine the whipping cream and sour cream in a medium bowl. Whip until soft peaks form, then add vanilla and 1 tbsp of sugar. Beat until just mixed.
- To Assemble: Slice cake in half and fill with half of crème fraîche and strawberries. Top with remaining crème fraîche and strawberries.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook