- The day before - combine marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor. Place chicken in a non-reactive dish, cover with marinade and cover dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the grill for 10 minutes on high and then turn off the burners on the left side of the grill. You will want to maintain an internal grill temperature of 250°C / 475°F throughout the grilling process.
- Make the Yorkshire pudding mix by whisking all the Yorkshire ingredients until smooth and refrigerate until needed.
- Put the chicken, skin side down on the grids over direct heat on the right side of the BBQ.
- Place a muffin or Yorkshire pudding tin on the left (un-lit) side of the barbecue for about 15 minutes. Turn the chicken as required and BBQ until fully cooked (about a half hour).
- Remove the heated Yorkie tin and add a thin film of vegetable oil to each recess and place back into the BBQ in the same place. Heat for a couple of minutes and then remove the tin, making sure you quickly close the lid. Add the Yorkshire pudding mix to each recess and quickly put back in the BBQ. The Yorkies are ready when they're dark golden and crispy on top and well risen.
- In a pan which has a tight fitting lid, cook the spring onions, leek, garlic and thyme in a little oil (rapeseed is best) over a medium heat for a few minutes until soft. Add the rice and stir in well. Add the coconut milk and water and bring to the boil. Turn down to a low simmer and put on the lid. Simmer for about five minutes, remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the cooked Yorkies with the cooked coconut rice. Slice slivers of chicken and place in the Yorkies on top of the rice. Enjoy!
Recipe Shared By Broil King UK Distributor