- Savoury Mashed Potato Casserole
This savoury mashed potato casserole is the perfect dish to pair with any grilled steak, chicken or roast beef. This recipe will make your guests wanting more.
- 12 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 lb cream cheese
- 2 cups light sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Place peeled potatoes in a large pot and cover with cool, salted water. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat to MEDIUM and continue cooking until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop green onions, and combine with cream cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes, place into a large mixing bowl with butter and mash with a potato masher. Add cream cheese mixture and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Spoon mixture into a buttered aluminum tray or pan and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Can be refrigerated overnight at this point, covered tightly.
- Place in an oven or barbecue, preheated to 350°F and bake, uncovered, until golden brown, approximately 40-50 minutes.
- NOTE: Can be prepared up to 2 days in advance and heated in the barbecue or oven, when needed.