Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 8-12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 (8 oz.) package of good Bacon, enough to wrap the same amount of Drumsticks
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 tbls ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp coriander/cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Stainless Steel Wing Rack
Grill time: 20-30 min. Indirect. Grill Temp 350°
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Put the drumsticks in a medium bowl or plastic bag. Drizzle them with the olive oil and sprinkle in the ground cumin, chili powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Open the package of bacon and wrap around each drumstick and secure it with a toothpick through the fat end if necessary or wrap it tightly. It will likely stay wrapped. Use Apple smoked bacon to impart an additional smokey flavour.
- Preheat BBQ. Grill to medium heat. Grill the chicken turning once, until fully cooked and browned - about 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the drumstick or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F - or until the meat is no longer pink near the bone. Serve hot with salsa.
- While chicken drumsticks cook, you can prepare the fresh salsa; cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place in a medium size bowl. Peel and dice the avocado, dice the onion, mince the cilantro and gently combine all the fresh vegetables. Drizzle with fresh lime juice and toss again. Serve alongside the chicken.