A perfect appetizer for a casual alfresco meal.
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 10" flour tortillas
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Place tortillas on the counter, and spread half with black bean mixture, leaving 1/2" border. Sprinkle with cheeses. Brush edges with water, and fold over, pressing edges together.
- Preheat barbecue, and brush cooking grids with olive oil. Grill quesadillas over MEDIUM heat for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Cut into wedges on a board with a pizza wheel or a sharp knife. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.