Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 2 Onions, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Head garlic
- 2 Small logs of goat cheese
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh basil
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, combine olive oil and butter. When melted and sizzling slightly, add onions and toss to coat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring the onions occasionally, and reduce the temperature to LOW, continue cooking until the onions are very soft and golden brown. This can take up to 40 minutes. Your patience is worth it!
- Meanwhile, place the garlic head on a square of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil, wrap tightly and place in a 400°F oven or barbecue MEDIUM/LOW for 30 minutes, until softened. Let cool.
- When the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into the onions. Roughly cut up the goat cheese and add it to the onion mixture.
- Place on the upper rack of the barbecue while toasting garlic bread, until bubbling, for approximately 10-15 minutes (or place in a 350°F oven). Remove from heat and stir in the vinegar and basil. Serve with garlic bread.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook