An excellent appetizer sure to please your most discerning guests!
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup water, lukewarm
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 4 oz goat cheese
- bunch fresh oregano, washed and chopped
- bunch fresh basil, washed and chopped
- bunch fresh parsley, washed and chopped
- 1 head garlic, roasted (see note below)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- To make a flatbread or pizza dough, dissolve the yeast in warm water, with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Add the flour, olive oil and salt, and knead until elastic. Let rest 10 minutes before rolling out. No risings are required for this flat pizza.
- Alternatively, substitute the pizza dough recipe with a prepared pizza shell, or use frozen dough, thawed. If you have a bread maker, follow the manufacturer's instructions to make pizza dough.
- Place the rolled pizza dough on an oiled pan. Scatter the top with the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat the barbecue on HIGH. Place the pizza on the grill, reduce heat to MEDIUM and close the grill lid. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until it is crispy and the cheese is melted. If you use a prepared shell instead, place it directly on the cooking grids.
- NOTE: To roast the garlic, place the whole head on a sheet of aluminum foil, drizzle it with a tablespoon of olive oil, and wrap the foil tightly around the garlic. Place on grill or in 350Â°F oven for 30-40 minutes, or until soft. Let cool, then squeeze the sweet, roasted garlic from each clove into a small bowl.