Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 9" square baking pan.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Mix buttermilk, eggs and melted butter in a medium bowl. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, taking care not to over mix. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely. At this point the cornbread can be wrapped well and frozen or refrigerated until ready to serve.
- To grill the cornbread: Cut into large squares and place on preheated, oiled barbecue turning to grill on all sides and heat through.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook