Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 1 Recipe pizza dough or 1 batch frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3 Large onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 5 Slices hot capicolla ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil, chiffonade
- Coarse salt
- Prepare pizza dough and form into 2" mini pizzas. Brush both sides with olive oil, and place them directly on a hot grill, turning once. Let cool, and store in a tightly sealed container in the freezer until ready to assemble and grill with the toppings.
- If frozen ahead, thaw the prepared mini crusts before proceeding with the recipe.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan and add the onions. Cook on LOW for 30 –40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are very soft and golden brown. Top pizza crusts with onion, Gorgonzola cheese and capicolla.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 400°F oven or barbecue until the cheese is melted and pizzas are heated through. Garnish with basil chiffonade and a sprinkle of coarse salt.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook