This recipe makes two pizzas.
- Pizza dough (see recipe below) or
can substitute 2 balls store bought frozen dough, thawed
- 1 cup Pizza sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 lb Pepperoni slices
- 1 1/4 tsp Active dry yeast
- 1 cup Lukewarm water
- 2 cups Unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Dough: Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water with 2 teaspoon sugar. Add the flour, olive oil and salt and knead until elastic. Let rest 10 minutes before rolling. No rising is required.
- Preheat pizza stone by placing in cold barbecue and setting barbecue to MEDIUM/HIGH, allowing it to heat up for 10 minutes.
- Prepare pizza dough by gently kneading and stretching thawed dough into desired shape, on a wooden pizza board or rimless baking tray, which has been liberally dusted with corn meal. Spread pizza sauce evenly over surface of dough and arrange pepperoni slices over sauce. Sprinkle grated cheeses evenly on top. Slide the pizza onto the hot pizza stone, using a quick movement. Reduce heat to MEDIUM and close the grill lid. Cook for 12–15 minutes, or until dough is crispy.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook