These Easy Appetizers Are Guaranteed To Disappear Quickly!
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, diced
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 lb brie cheese, chilled and sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH. To roast the red pepper, place it directly on the barbecue and grill, turning occasionally, until the outside is completely charred. Remove from heat and let rest until cool enough to handle. Peel off the charred skin, remove seeds, and chop.
- Combine in a medium sized bowl the prepared red and jalapeño peppers, mango, cilantro, and the juice of the lime.
- Lay the tortillas on a counter. On half of each tortilla, lay a few slices of the brie cheese. Drain the mango mixture in a sieve to remove excess moisture and prevent the tortillas from getting soggy. Spoon some of the mango mixture on top of the cheese, and fold over the other half of the tortilla. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Preheat the barbecue (if necessary) and reduce heat to LOW. Brush the tortillas with olive oil to prevent sticking and to give a nice crispiness. Grill 1-2 minutes per side until golden, and until the cheese has just melted. Remove from grill to a cutting board, and slice into wedges.