This spicy appetizer can be made a week in advance, freeing up time for the big day.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty: 3/5
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups mixed unsalted roasted nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat gas grill on LOW to a temperature of approximately 325°F (163°C).
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan, over LOW heat, on the side burner. To the butter add the remaining spices except the kosher salt. Stir and simmer over LOW heat for 2 minutes to combine the flavours. Add the nuts and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the grill for 15 minutes, shake the pan occasionally to roast evenly. Remove then toss the nuts with kosher salt, let cool. Store in an airtight container. Recipe comfortably fits in a 16 oz. (473 ml) mason jar, convenient.