Serve as an appetizer or over rice for a main course.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin cut in 1/4" slices
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Soak wooden skewers at least 1 hour before grilling satays.
- In a glass dish or heavy-duty resealable bag, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Mix well.
- Thread the beef on the soaked skewers in a serpentine pattern. Set the skewers in the marinade and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- Preheat the barbecue on HIGH and brush the cooking grids with vegetable oil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM and grill approximately 2 minutes per side for medium rare meat.