Grill time: 45 min. Grill Temp: 350°. INDIRECT
- Clean excess dirt from mushrooms with paper towel. Take paring knife and cut out stem around mushroom bottom - in circle shape, then spoon out gills around the base. Do the same for all mushrooms. Place mushrooms on baking sheet and season the inside of your mushrooms with Spice Mix or favorite seasoning (Broil King Mediterranean Spice).
- Take cream cheese, half of the chopped herbs and mix thoroughly in small bowl. With the back of your teaspoon, take some of the cream cheese mixture and spoon in thinly inside the bottom of mushroom that you spoon out. Do the same for all the mushrooms. This will act as a glue for the meatball once you place on the mushroom.
- Take the ground beef, place in a bowl and season the beef with remaining Spice Mix and remaining Herb Mix. Once mixed. place a small portion of the ground beef in the palm of your hand and flatten it out. Take a bocconcini ball in the middle and wrap the beef around it making a little meatball. Place the ball in the mushroom and press it down firmly. Do this with all the mushrooms.
- Once the meatballs are stuffed inside the mushrooms, take the sliced bacon and wrap the balls with 2 halves leaving the end of the bacon on the bottom of the balls. Take the toothpick and insert to keep the bacon from coming off. Do this with all the mushroom balls.
- Set the grill up for Indirect Cooking with a pan underneath the burners that are off leaving the other burners on, setting the heat to 325-350°. Place some water inside the pan below, place the grate back on the grill and place the balls directly over the pan.
- BBQ Food Note: If you desire smoke flavor as an ingredient, add some wood chips when setting the grill up for indirect grilling.
- Place the balls on the grills and about an inch apart from each other to allow perfect even cooking. Let cook for about 45 minutes. After 40 minutes in, if you want to add your favorite BBQ sauce, this is the time to add it and let cook for another 5-10 minutes. Internal temperature should be around 150-160° max. Any higher and they will be a bit dry.
Serves: 6 (can be served as appetizers for many!)