Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 2 red peppers, seeded
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded
- 5 cloves smoked, roasted garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 handfuls of soaked wood chips
- Prepare the Keg for direct grilling at 200°F, and add wood chips.
- Brush the peppers and garlic lightly with olive oil and set on the Keg using both the upper and lower racks for approximately 2 hours. Remove the jalapeño peppers and garlic and set aside. Leaving the red peppers on the grids, open the vents of the Keg and increase the temperature to 500°F. Cook peppers for a further 5 minutes. This allows the skin of the red peppers to blacken. Remove the peppers and peel off the skin when cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, gently sauté the chopped shallot in 1 tsp olive oil for 1 minute. Add cumin and cook until shallot is translucent.
- In a blender or food processor, combine peeled red peppers, chopped jalapeño peppers, garlic, shallots, lime juice, honey and parsley. Puree until a smooth paste forms. With processor on, slowly add 1/4 olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Refrigerate.