Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 1 baguette
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1 large eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 3 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 each yellow, orange and red pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, chopped (try a combination-parsley, basil, fennel, sage, tarragon work well)
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and puree.
- Marinate all the vegetables except the peppers for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, light the Keg, and set at about 400°F. Place whole peppers on the Keg and cook until blackened. Set them in a paper bag to cool for 15 minutes, then peel off the skin, and remove the seeds.
- Reduce the temperature of the Keg by dialing down the top and bottom air vents. Reserving the marinade, place the remaining vegetables on the Keg, and cook for about 2 hours, or until tender and smokey. Peel the skins off of the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Dice all of the vegetables into 1/4 inch pieces and place in a large glass bowl. Combine with 1/3 cup of reserved marinade. Add more chopped fresh basil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slice baguette on the diagonal into 1/2 inch slices. Take the remaining marinade, should be 1-2 tablespoons left and combine it with 1/2 cup of olive oil. Brush baguette lightly on both sides with this olive oil mixture and place on grids. Grill for 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill. At this point, you can set everything aside to assemble later, or assemble and eat them right away! Spread with goat cheese, top with 1 tablespoon of grilled vegetable tapenade and place back on Keg for 5 minutes to heat through.