- Spiced Pumpkin Seeds and Smoked Brie
- 1 whole small rounds of brie
- 1/4 cup apple cider jelly
- Toasted cornbread sticks
- 2 cups of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Broil King BBQ Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 resealable bag
- 1 rimmed baking sheet (parchment paper lined)
- Light the Broil King® Keg and adjust the settings for a constant temperature of 275°F. (135°C)
- Unwrap the cheese round and place it on a soaked cedar plank. Top with jelly, and set on the top rack of the Broil King® Keg.
- Add the pumpkin seeds, oil, spice and hot sauce to the resealable bag, shake and pour out onto the baking sheet, place on the main cooking grid.
- Smoke at 275°F (135°C) for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and gooey, it will absorb the subtle flavour of smoke that makes it just a little different.
- Remove, sauté the pumpkin seeds until golden brown. Serve with cornbread sticks.