Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
For the Cocktail Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 tsp puréed chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce
- 3 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat barbecue on MEDIUM. Brush or spray the cooking grids with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the cocktail sauce in a medium bowl, and reserve. Toss the shrimp with olive oil, salt and pepper, then place on the barbecue.
- Grill approximately 2–3 minutes per side, turning with tongs, until opaque and firm. Do not overcook. Serve warm with cocktail sauce.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook