Prepare this flavorful brisket on the weekend and enjoy delicious lunches all week!
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pickling spices
- 8 cups water
- 4 pound beef brisket
- 2–3 handfuls of wood chips – soaked
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup mustard seeds
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Few tablespoons rub
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 24 hours ahead, combine the brine ingredients in a large bowl. Place the brisket in an extra large ziplock and pour the brine over it. Seal well and place in a shallow pan in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, prepare the Keg for direct grilling at 225°F and add the wood chips. Drain the brisket and pat it with the rub. Place the brisket on the Keg and mop every 45 minutes for 3 1/2 hours. Wrap the brisket in foil and continue to cook at a low temperature for another 2 hours.
- Cook to internal (endpoint) temperature of 180°F–185°F
- Let the brisket stand at room temperature for 20 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain. Serve with your favourite mustard, pickles.