Kick your burgers up a notch with this spicy recipe; grilling doesn't get any easier than this!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 3/4 cup monterey jack or medium cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 buns
- In a large bowl, lightly mix the meat with the seasoning ingredients and the cheese using your fingertips. Shape into 8 patties.
- Preheat barbecue on MEDIUM/HIGH, then brush or spray grids with vegetable oil.
- Place patties on the barbecue, and sear 2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to LOW and continue cooking another 2 minutes per side until juicy but cooked through. Refer to the guide for Perfect Grill Marks. Lightly toast the buns during the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook