Juicy beef tenderloin that will remind you of mom's, in fact it may even be better. Don't worry, we won't tell.
- 1, 6-lb. beef tenderloin, 4"-5" in diameter
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 cup french salad dressing
- 12-24 hours before cooking, rinse and pat the tenderloin dry. Sprinkle the meat with mustard, and coat generously with french salad dressing. Place in a glass dish, cover well with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator. Bring the meat close to room temperature while preparing the grill.
- Preheat the barbecue on HIGH for 10-15 minutes. Use the direct grilling method.
- Reduce heat to medium. Brush the grids with olive oil.
- Place tenderloin directly on the grids at a 30°- 45° angle for 20 minutes rotating 1/3 every 6 1/2 minutes.
- Remove tenderloin from the barbecue to carving board. Cover with foil and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Return tenderloin to grids, place on opposite 30° angle for 20 minutes, rotating 1/3 every 6 1/2 minutes.
- (Baste with juices from dish).
- Remove tenderloin to carving board and cover with foil and towel to insulate.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with your favorite sauce or condiment.
- Try this recipe and impress your family and friends with an exceptional plate presentation.