Melt-in-your-mouth smoked ribs, seasoned to perfection.
- 12 long beef ribs (prime ribs)
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- coarse kosher salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp dried chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup apple juice in a spray bottle
- 1 cup barbecue sauce and 1 cup jelly(anything in the refrigerator)
- 2 cups mesquite wood chips
- Set up the Broil King Keg to smoke ribs at 225–250°F for 4–5 hours. Soak the mesquite wood chips for 30 minutes.
- Lay ribs on a large cookie sheet in a single layer. Rub with yellow mustard. Give them a light drizzle of oil and season with salt. Grind the pepper, mushrooms and cumin seeds until fine. Combine with chili powder and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over ribs and rub in. Let the ribs sit for 30 minutes.
- Add the wood chips to the smoker and fill diffuser tray with water. Add the ribs and close the lid. Smoke for 4–5 hours. Spray liberally with mop every 30 minutes. When the internal temperature of the ribs reaches 135°F, open the vents on the keg. Place the pot of beans on the upper rack and baste the ribs with glaze and grill until the ribs have crisped up.
- Wrap tightly in foil and place on smoker, with the vents closed, for another 45 minutes.