Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1/4 cup Butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups Unbleached flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 cup Pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, butter, and sugar, and beat until light, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla, and beat for another minute.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda and add to the creamed mixture. Mix until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop big heaping spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing well apart. Bake 10 minutes until golden in colour, but still appearing moist. Cool 2 minutes on sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook