Delicious served warm with ice-cream.
- pastry for 9" single crust pie
- 4 cups ripe pears, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp orange zest, grated
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Roll out pastry to fit into a 9" pie plate. Trim and flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine the pears, cranberries and orange rind. Mix together sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and coriander. Sprinkle spices over fruit and toss to mix. Spoon fruit mixture into pie shell, and sprinkle with almonds.
- For the topping, using a pastry blender, combine flour, brownsugar and butter untill crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 425Â°F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350Â°F, and bake 45 minutes longer or until crust is golden and juices bubble around edge. Cool on rack and serve with ice cream.