Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2/3 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 lb ripe nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured board into an 18" x 12" rectangle. Transfer to a large baking sheet, prick with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue and brush grids generously with vegetable oil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM, place nectarines cut side down and grill 2-3 minutes, then turn and grill another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, cool slightly, then slice into thin wedges.
- Place the baking sheet with the chilled puff pastry on the barbecue and cook for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and cut lengthwise into thirds.
- Whip the cream in a chilled bowl until it starts to stiffen. Add sugar and vanilla, and beat until it holds stiff peaks.
- Assemble as follows: Brush the first piece of puff pastry with half the peach preserves, and top with half the grilled nectarines. Pipe 1/3 of the whipped cream over the nectarines. Top with second strip of pastry. Brush with peach preserves and top with half the raspberries. Pipe 1/3 more whipped cream and arrange the third strip of pastry on top. Carefully cut into eight pieces. Garnish each napoleon with a dollop of whipped cream, a slice of nectarine, and 2 raspberries. Dust with confectioner's sugar. Chill for 2 hours.