Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 3 cups Fresh rhubarb, chopped in 1/2" pieces
- 3 tbsp Butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp orange zest
- pinch salt
- candied ginger and toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread the prepared rhubarb in a greased 8" square pan, or in 8 small greased ramekins.
- Cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture alternating with the milk, in three additions. Mix until just combined, and spread this batter over the rhubarb.
- Heat orange juice in the microwave or in a saucepan. Add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and orange zest. Pour evenly over the batter.
- Bake 45 minutes to an hour or until the top is golden and crusty, or 40–45 minutes for individual servings.
- Optional: Sprinkle with chopped candied ginger and toasted pumpkin seeds when fully baked. Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook