Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 1 large clove garlic, mashed
- 1 tsp. garam masala*
- 1 tsp. cumin seed, toasted and ground
- 1 tsp. coriander seed, toasted and ground
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Store in a tightly sealed jar
- Soak a cedar plank for at least half an hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients. Sprinkle the mixture over the salmon, lightly rub it into the flesh, and let it stand uncovered in the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat the barbecue on MEDIUM HIGH. Pat the cedar plank dry, and lightly oil one side with vegetable oil. Place the salmon on the oiled side, and set it on the preheated barbecue. Reduce the heat to MEDIUM LOW, and close the lid. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the salmon is done to your liking.