Smoky and zesty, this cedar plank salmon recipe has a great table presentation and incredible flavor. Although we doubt you'll have any, leftovers of this salmon are great for adding to salads or sandwiches the next day. Cedar plank salmon is all in the technique, watch the video below for more.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 6
- Difficulty: 3/5
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 6 pound (2.7 kilogram) salmon fillet with skin
- 1 untreated cedar plank, sized to accommodate salmon fillet
Asian Ginger Marinade
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 orange, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp asian chili sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Soak the cedar plank in water for at least an hour. You may need to place a weight on top to keep the wood immersed.
- Meanwhile, combine the marinade ingredients in a large, flat, shallow glass dish and marinate the salmon fillet, in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Pat dry the cedar plank and oil the top side. Remove the salmon from the marinade and place it, skin side down in the middle of the plank. Put the plank directly on the cooking grids. Apply HIGH heat with the lid closed until the plank begins to smoke then reduce heat. Grill until the salmon is just opaque at the thickest part. A 6 lb. fillet may take 30 minutes.
How to use grilling planks