Salmon pairs well with so many flavors; this smoky-sweet variation is a crowd pleaser and one of our favorites. It's also super easy to make so you won't mind when it's requested again and again.
- 1/4 cup maple whisky
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- After lighting the coals, and soaking the cedar plank, wipe the board dry and then paint some of the marinade over one side of the cedar plank.
- Place the plank on the smoker set to 350°F, and let it heat up until it starts to smoke. Lay the salmon on the board, close the lid, and let it smoke for about 25 minutes.