Treat your family to a night at a fancy seafood restaurant without leaving the comfort of home or spending a fortune. This pasta's so good they might not believe you when you tell them you made it!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 lb smoked salmon, cut into chunks
- 1 large tomato, seeded
- 3 tbsp vodka
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb fettucine
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chili flakes and cook 5 minutes, until onion is golden. Add salmon and tomato. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Increase heat to high and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in vodka, reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add cream and continue to simmer until reduced again by half.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in a large pot of boiling salted water, until al dente. Drain and place in a warm serving bowl. Add sauce and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh parsley.