This is a whole different level of a tuna sandwich, and we don't think you'll be returning to the canned variety any time soon.
- 8 – 3/4" thick tuna steaks
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp prepared wasabi (available in tubes in specialty grocery stores)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 small bunch arugula
- 8 plain buns
- Preheat barbecue on MEDIUM. Pat dry tuna steaks. Brush with sesame oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mayonnaise by combining the mayonnaise, wasabi, garlic and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Brush or spray cooking grids with vegetable oil. Place tuna on the grill for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes per side, (refer to the Direct Grilling Guide) until seared outside and rare inside. At the same time, toast the buns on the upper rack. Spread the buns with mayonnaise, place tuna on the bun and top with arugula.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook