This simple spread is a party delight. It goes well on crackers, breads, vegetables or chips so the combinations are endless.
- 1 boneless smoked trout fillet
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 tbsp minced celery
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine smoked trout, cream cheese, mayonnaise, horseradish, minced red onion, celery and parsley in a large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon, until smooth, but there should still be chunks of smoked salmon in the mixture. Add lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste. Serve on top of squares of pumpernickel bread and on slices(1/3" thick) of seedless cucumber, that have a bit of the centre scooped out to create a small impression to hold the smoked trout spread.