Nothing tastes better than freshly caught fish, grilled to perfection out in the open air. Perch, bass, pickerel or trout; whatever you have swimming in your lake or river.
- 1 whole fish or 2 small whole fish, cleaned
- 1 lemon, cut in 1/8ths
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs (thyme, oregano, chives, dill), rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Fill the cavity of each fish with 2 pieces of lemon, herbs, onion, tomato, garlic and butter. Lightly brush the outside of the fish with olive oil. Place in fish basket.
- Place the fish in the fish basket on the grids, and reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW. Cook, turning once, until fish turns opaque and starts to flake, approximately 8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish.