An exciting weeknight dinner with the hassle! Don't let lamb intimidate you, it's as easy to cook as pork.
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 18 1" thick lamb chops
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp chinese five-spice powder
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Whisk cilantro, honey, soy sauce, brandy and garlic in a glass dish to combine. Add to this the lamb and cover, or place everything in a resealable bag and seal. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH, then reduce heat to MEDIUM and lightly brush the grids with oil. Place the chops on the barbecue and cook for 2 minutes, then rotate then a quarter turn on the same side for great grill marks. Cook for another 2 minutes, then flip to the other side for 2 minutes. Rotate the lamb on last quarter turn for 2 minutes (for medium rare). Remove to a platter and let rest, tented with foil for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken stock, oyster sauce, lemon juice, sugar and five-spice powder in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil until the sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 12 minutes. Reduce heat to LOW, and add green onion and butter, stirring until the butter melts.
- Place chops on plates and spoon sauce overtop.