This recipe could not get any easier and will make any Keg beginner look like a long time pro!
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground pepper
- Red wine
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Brush the shanks with the mustard, and sprinkle with the seasoning and salt and pepper. Prepare the Keg for indirect grilling at 250°F, and fill the diffuser with red wine, water and 2 sprigs of rosemary.
- Keeping the temperature at 250°F, smoke the lamb for about 5 hours, or until very tender. Spray or mop with apple juice every 1/2 hour. Be sure to top up the water pan with hot water when necessary.