Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 1/4 cup chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch salt
- pinch ground allspice
- Puree the chipotle chiles, then force the pulp through a sieve, discarding the seeds. Place a large sauté pan over MEDIUM HIGH heat and add the oil. Briefly sauté the prepared garlic and shallots, then add the chipotles, tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, salt and allspice. Bring to a boil, dial back the temperature and simmer until thick, and until about 1 cup remains. Can be stored in a tightly sealed jar for up to 1 month.