Roasted red pepper sauce is a flavourful and versatile condiment and can be used as a veggie dip, sandwich spread, or as sauce for fish, chicken or beef. It is also delicious with eggs or macaroni and cheese.
- Prep time: 45 minutes
- Difficulty: 2/5
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 large roasted red peppers
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil - chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Wash peppers and place on the grill whole. Grill over MEDIUM heat until skin is charred. Once cooked, place peppers in a paper bag to steam skin loose. When peppers are cool enough to handle, peel and remove the skins, stems and seeds.
- Sauté green onions and garlic very gently in olive oil. Add to food processor with remaining ingredients and pepper meat. Process until well blended and creamy. Serve immediately or within a day or two of preparation. To keep the dip for longer or present it as a gift follow a simple canning guide and adjust the processing time for your altitude. Canning can increase the shelf life by weeks to months.