Travel across the world without stepping foot on a plane; classic German pairings make a fun and easy dinner enjoyed by all ages.
- 1 lb Oktoberfest Sausage, a smoked bratwurst sausage
- 8 fresh pretzels, purchased at a German bakery
- jar of spicy smoked mustard
- assortment of pickled vegetables, such as dill pickles, pickled onions, and pickled baby corns
- Oktoberfest sausage is smoked, thus needing only quick grilling to prepare. Simply cut the sausages into 1/2 inch thick pieces, slicing on the diagonal. Preheat barbecue on MEDIUM, place sausage directly on the grids, and cook 3 minutes per side.
- Heat pretzels by wrapping in foil and placing them on the upper rack of the barbecue for 2 minutes, to heat through. Serve sausage on a platter with warm pretzels, spicy smoked mustard and an assortment of pickled vegetables.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook