Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp asian chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger
- grated zest of an orange
- salt and pepper
- Preheat barbecue on MEDIUM and turn down to LOW. Prepare ribs for grilling by removing the membrane from the underside of the ribs. Prepare several foil envelopes and place 2 strips of ribs into each envelope, with 1/4 cup of water and seal tightly. Cook for 2–2 1/2 hours on LOW (300°F) with the lid closed. Check the thermometer on the front of the grill lid frequently and adjust the cooking temperature accordingly. This may require turning one or two burners off and cooking indirectly.
- To prepare sauce: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and set aside until ribs are ready to remove from foil. Gently heat sauce on the sideburner for 10–15 minutes before using.
- Carefully remove ribs from foil and place on grids. Baste generously with sauce, and grill for 10 minutes per side, leaving the lid open, turning several times, and basting with sauce after each turn.
- Remaining sauce should be heated to a boil and then allowed to simmer for 5–10 minutes and served on the side as a dipping sauce.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook