It's a one pot wonder! A hearty and satisfying dish combining seafood, chicken, sausage, rice and vegetables; and it's all done on the grill.
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp spanish paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb Chorizo sausage, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 can 28 oz. tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups Calrose rice
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 sprigs thyme, fresh
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch saffron
- 5 cups fish stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 24 mussels, scrubbed
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 24 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Prepare chicken for grilling, by marinating in olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, spanish paprika, salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM and and brush grids with olive oil to prevent sticking. Grill chicken thighs (4 minutes per side) and sausage (10 minutes per side). Set aside and keep warm while rice is being prepared.
- Meanwhile, place a large sauté pan directly on top of the grids. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan and add onions and garlic to pan. Sauté 2 minutes, taking care not to brown them. Add green and red peppers and tomatoes, and saute 2 minutes longer. Add rice, bay leaf, thyme, paprika, saffron, salt and pepper, white wine and fish stock. Stir well, bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to LOW, close cover and let cook gently for 20 minutes.
- Place chicken thighs, sausage, mussels and peas on top of rice, cover pan and cook for 7 minutes over low heat until mussels are open. Meanwhile, place shrimp on grids around the pan and grill 2 minutes per side. Place shrimp on top of Paella and garnish with chopped parsley.
Recipe from Gathering Around The Grill Cookbook