Also known as pot-stickers, these dumplings are little pockets with a big punch! Don't be afraid of working with the wrappers, it's easier than it looks.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2/3 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 tbsp sirachi sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 tbs. Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. Sirachi sauce
- 1 tsp. minced green onions
- Place filling ingredients in a large glass bowl and mix gently with a wooden spoon until combined. This mixture can be covered and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to fill the dumplings.
- Lay the dumpling wrappers out on a flat surface, then place a dollop of filling, a heaping teaspoon on the centre of each wrapper. Lift the sides of the wrapper, creating a pouch, and twist to seal.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large sauté pan on HIGH. Fill the pan with 30 dumplings and fry until bottoms are crispy and golden brown. Carefully pour 1 cup water into the pan, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a spicy dipping sauce.
- Dipping Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a glass mixing bowl and whisk vigorously.