This is a truly decadent breakfast that can be prepared with leftover pulled pork.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- Difficulty: 2/5
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups leftover pulled pork, without barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 4 eggs poached
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Warm corn tortillas
- Pull the pork or slice it to make it manageable. Place the pork in a medium bowl, toss with the chicken stock and salsa. Spread the pork mixture on a rimmed baking sheet and place under a preheated rear rotisserie burner with one extra burner on LOW for indirect cooking, they can also be used as a broiler, until heated and beginning to crisp, rotate the broil evenly. Meanwhile, poach the eggs.
- Mound the pork carnitas on a heated plate, and shape a nest for the poached eggs. Sprinkle with grated cheese, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve with a side of warm spinach and tortillas.