Serve this fabulous dish at a family gathering, and your guests won't be able to stop dreaming about it.
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 tbsp honey
- 2 small shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 3 lb pork tenderloin
- Place tenderloin in a resealable Ziploc bag.
- In a food processor (with metal blade), combine lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, shallots, garlic, bay leaves, salt, pepper, mustard, ginger root and parsley. Purée and pour over the tenderloin. Turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH. Brush the grids with vegetable oil. Place pork on hot grids, and reduce heat to MEDIUM - LOW, and grill, turning every 5 minutes to sear each side, for a total cooking time of about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes to reabsorb juices, then slice into medallions.
- Meanwhile, place the reserved marinade in a saucepan on the sideburner, and heat to boiling. Boil until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Serve alongside the tenderloin.