This recipe uses fresh apple cider to make a sweet and tart sauce that is the perfect complement to the chicken.
- 2 - 6 lb. roasting chickens
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 spy apples, cut into quarters
- 6 sprigs thyme
Apple Cider Reduction With Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups fresh apple cider
- 2 cups chicken stock, including juices from the chicken (collected while resting)
- Stuff each chicken with apples, and place garlic and thyme underneath the skin.
- Follow the link for instructions on how to cook the chickens on the rotisserie - Rotisserie Chicken.
- Let the chickens rest in a shallow pan for 20 minutes after removing them from the grill. Collect the juices for use in the Apple Cider Reduction.
Apple Cider Reduction
- Combine all the ingredients together and spoon over roasted chicken.