This recipe can be great for an appetizer or meal. prepare the chicken in a curry and peanut marinade overnight. grill the chicken skewers and serve with a warm peanut sauce to add to this rich flavour.
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch chili peppers, crushed.
- 6 boned and skinned chicken breast halves cut in 1/2" strips
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch cayenne
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- sprig cilantro
- Combine the brown sugar, curry powder, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic and crushed chilies in a shallow dish, or in a heavy-duty resealable bag. Marinate strips of chicken for 2 hours or overnight. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water to prevent burning at the time of cooking.
- Thread the chicken pieces on the skewers in a serpentine pattern.
- To make the peanut sauce, combine the peanut butter, coconut milk, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a saucepan over moderate heat (on the sideburner), and cook until the sauce is as thick as heavy cream, about 15 minutes. PurÃ©e briefly in a blender or a food processor. Add the chicken stock and cream and blend again until smooth. Reserve, and bring to room temperature before serving.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH and brush grids with vegetable oil to prevent sticking. Place chicken skewers on the grill and reduce heat to MEDIUM. Cook, turning several times and basting with the marinade, for 6 - 8 minutes or until no longer pink on the inside. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro leaves. Serve with room temperature peanut sauce.