Gather around the grill with this inspirational recipe and grilling ideas for family and friends.
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut into large chunks
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 4 clementines, unpeeled and sliced
- horizontally into 1/4" slices
- chopped fresh parsley
- Scant 1/2 cup Metaxa liqueur
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 whole star anise
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl mix all the marinade ingredients. Arrange the chicken, clementines and vegetables in a large flat glass baking dish and pour the marinade over top. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours or even overnight.
- Preheat barbecue on MEDIUM HIGH for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to MEDIUM LOW, and brush the grids well with vegetable oil to prevent sticking. Reserving the marinade, place the chicken thighs on the grill, and cook them for a total of 12 minutes, turning 3 times for Perfect Grill Marks. Grill the red peppers and fennel for 10 minutes, or until tender, and the clementines for about 5 minutes, just until caramelized and juicy.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 - 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Arrange the grilled chicken, clementines, peppers and fennel on a hot platter. Pour the marinade over top and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.